1. 95% of search traffic goes to the first page of search results.
2. 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines.
3. 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
4. Nearly one-third of consumers in the U.S. use the internet to search for local businesses every day.
5. 28% of local searches result in a purchase within 24 hours.
6. 90% of pages receive zero organic traffic.
7. The top page listed in a Google search has an average click-through rate of 32%.
8. URLs that include a keyword have a 45% higher CTR
9. 63% of all shopping begins online, even if the purchase itself happens in a store.
10. 17% of featured snippets triggered are for search queries with prepositions
11. Google (+ Google Images) currently holds 91.94% of the total search engine market share, followed by Bing, Yahoo!, Baidu, and YANDEX
12. 70% of searches use more than three words.
13. Leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (ex. cold-calling, direct mail, etc.) have a 1.7% close rate
14. 66% of pages don’t have a backlink.
15. Bounce rates increase by 11% if your website takes 3 seconds to load and 38% if your site takes 5 seconds to load
16. 62% of B2B marketers see SEO algorithms as important to them
17. Conversion rates fall by 4.42% for every extra second that it takes your website to load.
18. 61% of CMOs view search engines as an effective marketing channel
19. 39.4% of internet users in the U.S. conduct searches by voice.
20. 51% of website traffic is driven by organic search
21. 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
22. 50% of searches use four or more words
23. 56% of all online consumers in the United States have searched for local businesses on a mobile device.
24. 49% of marketers cite organic search as providing the highest ROI
25. 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps. Click to Tweet this!
26. 44% of businesses use SEO
27. 41% of marketers think link building is the most difficult part of SEO
28. 39% of marketers think keyword research is the most difficult part of SEO
29. 40% of revenue is driven by organic traffic
30. A one spot increase in rankings can increase CTR by 30.8%
31. 26% of pages have links from less than three websites
32. 8% of searches get worded as questions
33. The first organic search result is 10x more likely to earn a click than #10 organic search result
34. SEO generates 1000% more traffic than social media